Thursday, August 2, 2007

Decision

As my last post said, I move a lot. It turns out that we did end up moving and I am writing from a hotel room in Oregon. I really cannot say what will happen and where I will be taken next but the last place I lived taught me something. I made the decision that even in uncertainty I would throw myself into the place I was living full force as if I was staying forever. Previously I had been hesitant to really try and connect and sink into life with other towns. I had that thought in the back of my head that I would just be leaving soon so why bother.
I feel like I really missed out on a lot of friendships that could have been stronger because of my hesitation.
Because of the decision that I made with our last move I ended up with some strong friendships, wonderful experiences, and I was really sad to leave. I think it was one of the hardest moves that I have faced but at the same time I don't regret for a second that I became attached with my life there.
Planning on leaving can really detach you from where you are but the truth is you may never leave and then you wasted years that could have been very meaningful. Besides, even if you do leave think of all you could have missed out on during the time that you were there.
We are in a new town, a new state, and it's also a new life experience that I have decided to fully enjoy!

Decision is the theme over at www.mamasaysom.com

No comments: