Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be mine, valentine

It's fun to think how Valentine's Day has changed for me over the years. My memory of it starts out with my Mom always making me a card and giving me a special treat.
As I got older I remember our school doing a carnation fund raiser where you could buy flowers for people and they would be delivered to the classroom. I think I remember my friend and I sending flowers to each other so we wouldn't feel left out but I never got one from a boy (oh sob sob.)
There were other Valentine's Days to follow involving jitters and giggles and jewelry and chocolates purchased with the help of someone's mother.
I can't say I ever remember having a date on Valentine's day but I do remember a card from my soulroommate Ali. I still have it actually! It said Boys PHOOEY and it was terrific.
Of course now I'm married so I always have a sweetheart but we don't really make a big deal out of the holiday. I do however, require chocolate. It doesn't have to be Valentine's day for him to give me chocolate though. Any day will work, for example...Tuesday. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!
I spent the afternoon making cards for and with my daughter. She had some stickers we were given by a hotel maid (that is what happens when you live in a hotel for awhile,) and so she has been covering the construction paper with them. The funniest so far is to her friend's baby sister and the stickers read:
Fabulous My Forever Sweetheart Passion perfect Sexy Sweet lil'hottie
cutie be mine special moments stolen moments.

The perfect card for any 1 1/2 year old don't you think?
I hope that her mother doesn't stop talking to me after this.

No comments: