Saturday, February 16, 2008

Knit-Wit

Knit-wit... That is what my dear husband calls me. Isn't he a catch ladies?
Actually, what he is referring to is my new hobby.
The first thing I started knitting was a grocery bag made out of plastic bags. I am still working on it right now. Turns out that knitting plastic is really difficult and so I ended up teaching myself how to crochet via a google search. Crocheting plastic is a lot quicker but now that we have a cat it becomes difficult. You know how cats love balls of yarn? Well, now imagine it's a crinkly, plastic ball of yarn. Oh yeah! She loves it.


I decided to try to use regular yarn to knit something for a Mama knitting group that started up. I had the help of people already knowledgeable in knitting to guide me. I made a sweater for Liam using 4 rectangles and then piecing them together. Looking back at it now I really should have tapered down the top so it wouldn't be so boxy. I still love it anyway.



My next project was a gift for my new baby niece. I had originally planned to finish it while on my trip over Christmas but time slipped away and it never got done. I mailed it off to her about a week ago. Hopefully she is snuggly and warm in it.







I got a bargain on some funky yarn and after looking at knitting and crochet patterns for 30 minutes my head started hurting and I decided to wing it and make Mama Booties! When you knit these type of things you need 4 double pointed needles. Since I can barely use two I opted to crochet them instead. I am so happy with these things. They are sooo comfy. I have been wearing them over my socks around the house to keep my toes extra toasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I need some mama booties!