Monday, March 10, 2008

The death of a microwave

My microwave died today and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my family isn't next in line. I have said often that we might starve without it. I could go get a new one, or maybe fix this one. I instead decided to see this as a challenge and try to live without a microwave. Heat things up in the toaster oven or *GASP* on the stove!
Anyone who knows me understands that I am not a cook. Microwaves kill nutrients though and we need those good things so I'm going to give it a try. This means planning ahead on my part.... like guessing when Liam might start screaming 'HUNGRY MAMA HUNGRY" and starting to cook before that point.
Goodbye to my super-fast-molecule-moving friend. You will be missed, and possibly replaced soon upon my imminent failure as a cook.

No comments: